Wednesday, October 12, 2005

 

Beer Blog Kick Off

With this blog, I do solemnly swear to spread knowledge craft of home brewing and share in the joy of beer appreciation. Those with a thirst for both the consumption and creation of this fine elixir will find a kindred spirit in these pages. I have been home brewing for two years and am interested in expanding my repertoire. After starting with extracts I graduated to a minimash and from bottling to kegging – much to the delight of my friends. From this point, I’ll be taking a leap and delving into mead and more radical brews than the usual pale ale varieties which are well received and eagerly anticipated. A bit of experimentation may create new favorites.

A beer tasting at the Victorian Weekend in Cape May, NJ has inspired this journal. The speaker, Gary Monterosso, presented five international beers:



While not as well versed as Gary, I am familiar with the beers he presented as well as rudimentary topics discussed, such as the difference between lagers and ales. Most of the attendees were interested in expanding their palates but were not avid aficionados. This experience reinforced the notion that I’ve got something to offer to those interested. While I’m not an expert, I hope to impart some information to those about to embark into home brewing including how to avoid a few pitfalls I encountered. On this journey, I will also comment on my experiences at various breweries and brew pubs.

With regards,
- John

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?